Sunday, January 8, 2012

BL : The Wheels of the Car go Round and Round.

Hello people of the world, how is your day going? Fine, I hope. Well, I couldn't sleep and thought I'd pop on here for a bit and give you all a little more reading material. Aren't I a sweety?

Being a girl in a very asian culture, I am brought up to accept that men are the superior gender and they go out and bring home the 'bacon' while women stay home and train to be the perfect homemakers. Of course this follows suit with every other stereotype about gender. For today, we shall focus on being a man and how it encompasses being a gentleman, paying for dates and the list continues.

I have two thoughts today. The first is if you are a guy and you drop a female home (whether in a relationship or not), do you wait for her to enter the house before you drive off?

Answer is? Definitely! The world is so dangerous today, anything can happen in that short period of time from the gate to the front door. Not only that, you ensure that she didn't forget her keys and end up being locked outside or.. Well, insert more reasons here. But you get my drift, don't you?

Now for the second question. This is where it gets interesting. In the world today, many women have independence and now drive themselves around. Sometimes, it may even be that the woman has a car and the man doesn't. In those cases, (again it is irrelevant if you're dating or not) the female would then proceed to drop the male home.

Now, what I want to know is, do you wait for him to enter his house before driving off? Would his masculinity be threatened by you, a girl, doing so? Just think about it for a bit. It's not only that you already have to drop him off when it should be the other way around but now you also have to wait for him? And what about him being a 'man' so he can take care of himself. Which also means that if a thief was to attack him, he would obviously be able to handle the situation by himself.

So, I'm at a lost. For one, I would obviously want to ensure his safety. And it's rude to drive off without waiting. But on the other hand, I don't want to offend him nor hurt his ego. Correct? Well, if anyone has other things to add or share, do let me know. I'm all ears.