Sunday, November 1, 2009

Journey to El Dorado Gone Bad

I've had a very epiphany-full weekend. Tons of self realization and slaps in the face! And at the end of it all, I wonder, " Was I blind ?"

It was as though I was in the amazon jungle trying to find El Dorado, the city of gold! With nothing more than a parang in my hand, I fought through thick and thin to get to my destination. After putting in so much effort, blood and sweat, I finally found El Dorado! But wait, it's not the city of gold. It's just a rock; A big fat useless ROCK!

Have you any idea how disappointed I am? To have so much hope, expectations, respect and then to have it all blow up in your face, it just.. It hurts! It's frustrating! It makes me angry!

I don't care that rocks, under the right pressures can bloom into a diamond.
I don't care how much potential is has!
I don't care that it may be worth millions later!
I don't care! I don't care! I don't care!
BECAUSE, right now it's still just a rock. What if's and could be's doesn't matter.
All that matters right now is what is in front of me at this moment.
And it is still, a rock.

Has anyone encounters situations like that before? You think the world of the other person ( may be a boyfriend, girlfriend, significant other or best friend even.. ) only to find out they are actually not all you thought they were. You pour so much into the relationship and while it goes on, you think it's all good, the best and you lasted for so long! But one day, it ends and when all the biased feelings are gone, you see their true selves. And it's so ugly. You wonder what kept you from seeing that giant elephant right in front of you.

But all is not lost, because it has ended.
And you have seen.
And that's all that matters right now.

So, just try not to make the same mistake again because if you do, the one hurt will be you.